403 Audit Responsibilities
403 AUDIT RESPONSIBILITIES
403.1 Statement of Qualifications:
Internal Audit staff members (and any external auditors retained to provide additional assistance) must have sufficient background and experience to audit a broad range of financial and operating environments competently and effectively.
403.2 Statement of Responsibilities:
In accordance with established general audit procedures, Internal Audit has the following responsibilities when performing the audits:
- Review records, reports, and activities of the entity under audit to determine compliance with Archdiocesan policies, procedures, laws and regulations.
- Be alert to operating controls and activities that might help assess whether the entity’s employees perform their tasks honestly, accurately, efficiently, and with completeness.
- Report any deficiencies to the proper level of management and/or the Audit Committee of the Board of Financial Administration.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality related to any information obtained or reviewed.
- To perform special assignments as requested by the Manager.